We are excited to announce that the founders of Great Day Moving, Roger and Dana Ward, have been named the Kansas Small Business Persons of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Each year, the SBA opens nominations for various small business awards that culminate with festivities celebrating small business as the “backbone of our Nation’s economy” during National Small Business Week in May. Entrepreneur award winners are selected on their staying power, growth in number of employees, increase in sales, financial condition, innovation, response to adversity, and community service. Each of the country’s 50 states, District of Columbia, and U.S. territories select one Small Business Person of the Year based on the following criteria:
- Staying power of the company.
- Evidence of success as measured by sales and profits.
- Increased employment opportunities created by the nominee‘s business.
- Development and/or utilization of innovative or creative business methods.
- Response to adversity – showing methods and defined actions to resolve any crises.
- Contributions to the community through money, time or resources as well as membership in councils, boards, and clubs providing support to the community.
Roger and Dana are privileged to accept this great honor and do not take it lightly; not only is it an honor, but a motivator to keep improving the customer’s experience and to continue growing the franchise to improve upon the status quo of the moving industry. Among the awards they have received over the years, Roger was also the recipient of another SBA award, Region VII Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for being “an entrepreneur under 30 years of age who has most increased sales and staff since the inception of his business” in 2011.
The couple strives to stay true to the company motto: “to be the most professional, courteous, and knowledgeable service providers in the local moving industry…and to introduce society to accountability before, during, and after moving day.”