We understand that sometimes you only need to transport a small amount of items when moving. So we have compiled a list of reasons to rent an enclosed U-Haul trailer when moving.
- You may only be moving a small amount of stuff such as a sofa and boxes or a few pieces of furniture. You’ve weighed your options and it just doesn’t seem cost effective to rent a U-Haul truck or to hire professional movers.
- Your vehicle already has a hitch properly installed and you are not worried about pulling a U-Haul trailer behind your vehicle.
- You own a body jewelry kiosk business and travel across the country setting up stores in malls. A U-Haul trailer can hold all your cases, supplies, equipment, and inventory.
- Borrowing your friend’s horse trailer would just be gross. They may have cleaned it well, but what if you can’t get that horrible odor out of your clothes or mattress!
- The weather is simply too unpredictable to use an uncovered trailer when moving. It may be that time of year for a possible afternoon rain shower or maybe there is a blizzard in the forecast. You don’t want your precious belongings drenched or ruined by the elements.
- You need to get your personal vehicle to the destination in addition to your furniture and boxes so renting a U-Haul truck to transport your belongings isn’t the best option. Although you could pull your vehicle behind the truck on a car trailer, you may not trust your navigating abilities in a big truck with your car attached to the back of it.
- You are doing a trade show for your business and need to transport your exhibit and supplies to the convention center but your vehicle isn’t large enough to carry everything.
- You’re baby just graduated from high school (yikes!) and you are moving them to a dorm room on their college campus. In this case, they may have too much stuff to fit in the back of your truck or SUV but an 5’ x 8’ U-Haul trailer may hold everything nicely.